The Champs-Elysees street in Paris is one of the most expensive street in the world*. Property are selling for an average of 13 255 euros per square meter and Nike apparently decided to open a 5 floors flagship store on that street for the small amount of €613 millions.
“This new flagship introduces a rich and immersive way for consumers to experience Nike that goes beyond commerce”. Sneakers fans around the world will be able to customize their own shoes and be part of a high tech shopping experience through the Nike app.
Thanks Nike now I feel like my $2300 one bedroom apartment in Toronto is actually a good deal.
* I decided to save you guys some time and found the top 5 most expensive retail street in the world so you don't have to google it
1. Causeway Bay, Hong Kong $2,671 per square foot
2. Upper 5th Avenue, New York $2,250 per square foot
3. Bond Street, London $1,744 per square foot
4. Avenue des Champs Elysees, Paris $1,519 per square foot
5. Via Montenapoleone, Milan $1,466 per square foot